Use data to understand the audience for our journalism, inform more dynamic and personalized product experiences, and evolve our business model through experimentation.
What We Do
- We define better metrics for digital journalism and product development
- We build first-rate analytical tools and data visualizations
- We develop predictive models of the business and we develop algorithms to support a more relevant product experience
- We promote hypothesis-driven experimentation
- We collaborate across disciplines, with editors, product managers, designers, engineers and marketers
The data and insights team is comprised of individuals that stem from a variety of backgrounds; including teachers, statisticians, musicians, data scientists and comedians. What ties the team together is a shared dedication and desire to make sense out of complex and highly-nuanced data, and turn it into valuable stories that help us build a better understanding of our audience. We’re not looking for one specific type of analyst or manager, and our diversity is what strengthens our work and each other.
2020欧洲杯官方网站Our teams support a wide variety of efforts at The Times, and so our hiring process can vary, though we follow a general pattern:
- You apply!
- Our hiring managers and recruiting team will review your application, and if they think it’s a good match, 3. will reach out to schedule a phone call with a member of our Talent & Inclusion team. On this call, you will discuss your work to date and make sure the role meets your career goals.
- You’ll have a call with a hiring manager or a member of one the teams you are being considered for — it’s an opportunity for you to find out about the opening and ask questions.
- You might be asked to do a short exercise or assessment, depending on the role.
- We’ll have you in for an in-person (or remote) interview during which you’ll meet with various members of the team(s) you’re being considered for, members of teams you’ll work closely with and the hiring manager.
- Our hiring panel of everyone that interviewed you meets to review your candidacy and make a decision. We strive to let you know either way as soon as possible.